- sudo apt-get update
- aptitude install build-essential or sudo apt-get install build-essential
- On ubuntu run ./nagiosautoinstall-ubuntu.sh . The file can be downloaded from https://github.com/nicolargo/nagiosautoinstall
- This will run through various steps to setup nagios on your machine.
- Once you receive successful installation message you are ready to go.
- point your browser to url http://nagios-server-ip/nagios and use username as nagiosadmin and password that has been set during installation
- Hurray!!! Your nagios installation is complete.
If your wondering what separate packages make up the build-essential one, then open up a terminal & type..
The contents of the build-essential package seem to rely on what the developers think are necessary at the time of building & what dependencies can be met. It could contain completely different software if installed on a distribution built for nothing but Python programming (for example).